BrightMove Privacy Shield StatementBrightMove, Inc. (“BrightMove”) adheres to the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-US Privacy Shield Framework published by the U.S. Department of Commerce (“Principles”, “Privacy Shield” or “Privacy Shield Program”).
This statement outlines our general policy and practices for implementing the Privacy Shield Program, including the types of personal data the firm gathers, how we use it, and the choices affected individuals have regarding our use of, and their ability to correct, the personal data relating to them. If there is any conflict between this statement and the Principles, the Principles will govern.
To learn more about the Privacy Shield Programs, and to view BrightMove’s certification, please visit: https://www.privacyshield.gov/list
This policy applies to personal data we handle. For purposes of this statement, "personal data" means information that:
Principles protecting individuals’ privacy notice and choice
- Is transferred from the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland to the United States in reliance on the Privacy Shield Framework;
- Is about, or pertains to, a specific individual; and
- Can be linked either directly or indirectly to that individual.
Disclosures and transfers
- We notify individuals about the personal data we collect from them, how we use it and how to contact us with privacy concerns.
- We provide such notice through this statement, our contracts or other similar documents, and direct communication with individuals from whom we collect personal data.
- We collect and process personal data about our clients and their personnel for the purpose of rendering Services to our clients.
- We collect personal data from individuals only as permitted by the Privacy Shield Program.
- Consent for personal data to be collected, used, and/or disclosed in certain ways (including opt-in consent for sensitive data) may be required in order for an individual to obtain or use our services. Such consent is provided through our engagement letters, employment agreements, and other similar documents.
We do not disclose an individual's personal data to third parties, except when one or more of the following conditions is true:
- We have the individual's permission to make the disclosure.
- The disclosure is required by lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. BrightMove is also subject to the authority of the Federal Trade Commission.
- The disclosure is required by law or mandatory professional standards.
- The disclosure is reasonably related to the sale or other disposition of all or part of our business.
- The information in question is publicly available.
- The disclosure is reasonably necessary for the establishment of legal claims.
- The disclosure is to persons or entities providing services on our or the individual's behalf (each a "transferee"), consistent with the purpose for which the information was obtained, if the transferee, with respect to the information in question:
- Is subject to law providing an adequate level of privacy protection; or
- Has agreed to provide an adequate level of privacy protection.
We may transfer personal data from one jurisdiction to another. Privacy laws vary by jurisdiction, and some may provide less or different legal protection than others. However, BrightMove will protect personal data in accordance with the Privacy Shield Program regardless of the jurisdiction in which the data resides.
BrightMove is responsible for the third party acts within its control that result in the processing of personal data inconsistent with the Privacy Shield Program.Data, security, integrity and access
We employ various physical, electronic, and managerial measures, including education and training of our personnel, designed to reasonably protect personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Personal data collected or displayed through a website is protected in transit by standard encryption processes. However, we cannot guarantee the security of information on or transmitted via the Internet.
We process personal data only for the limited and specific purpose for which it was originally collected or authorized by the individual. To the extent necessary for such purposes, we take reasonable steps so that personal data is accurate, complete, current, and otherwise reliable with regard to its intended use.
An individual has the right to access personal data BrightMove holds about them as specified by the Privacy Shield Program. An individual may contact us using the information below to correct, amend, or delete information where it is inaccurate or has been processed in violation of the principles. The individual will need to provide sufficient identifying information, such as name, address, and birth date. We may request additional identifying information as a security precaution such as possibly a national identifier (e.g. a Social Security number). In addition, we may limit or deny access to personal information where providing such access would be unreasonably burdensome or expensive in the circumstances, or where the rights of persons other than the individual would be violated. In some circumstances, we may charge a reasonable fee, where warranted, for access to personal information.Accountability and enforcement
We have established a program to monitor our adherence to the Privacy Shield Program and to address questions and concerns regarding our adherence. This program will include a statement, at least once a year, signed by an authorized representative of BrightMove, verifying that this statement is accurate, comprehensive for the information intended to be covered, prominently displayed, completely implemented, and accessible. We encourage interested persons to raise any concerns with us using the contact information below.
Individuals may file a complaint with our main office in connection with BrightMove's processing of their personal data under the Privacy Shield Program. With respect to any dispute relating to this policy that cannot be resolved through our internal processes:
- If the dispute involves data collected in the context of an employment relationship, we will cooperate with competent EU or Swiss data protection authorities and comply with the advice of such authorities. In the event that we or such authorities determine that we did not comply with this policy, we will take appropriate steps to address any adverse effects and to promote future compliance.
- Personnel who violate our privacy policies will be subject to disciplinary process.
- An individual may under certain conditions invoke binding arbitration. Please see the www.privacyshield.gov/program-overview for more information on conditions giving rise to binding arbitration.
We may amend this policy from time to time by posting a revised policy on this website, or a similar website that replaces this site. If we amend the policy, the new policy will apply to personal data previously collected only insofar as the rights of the individual affected are not reduced. So long as we adhere to the Privacy Shield Program, we will not amend our policy in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield Program.Information subject to other policies
We are committed to following the Principles for all personal data within the scope of the Privacy Shield Program. However, certain information is subject to policies of the firm that may differ in some respects from the general policies set forth in this statement.Contact information
For further information or to file a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com
or BrightMove, Inc., 320 High Tide Drive, Suite 201, Saint Augustine Beach, FL 32080 USA.