The role of recruitment software in employer branding
In general, employer branding is defined as an organization's reputation as an employer. When it comes to recruiting top talent, this reputation can greatly affect the caliber of candidates that apply to an organization. When it comes to building or improving your employer brand, here are some things to keep in mind:
- Know your target audience: determine what type of people you want working for your organization, and then build your brand towards that. Attracting the right people from the get-go will work wonders for your hiring process.
- Align your employer brand with your customer brand: Just because someone is a customer doesn't mean they won't one day be a candidate or employee. Make sure your internal values and beliefs match up with your external presence.
- Create brand ambassadors via your employees: Involve your staff in developing the brand and give them the tools to become ambassadors for you. Not only will this attract talent, it can boost morale and improve the employer-employee relationship.
So how can technology help with employer branding? Using recruiting software can give you an edge by improving the candidate experience, streamlining processes, and improving the likelihood of a successful hire.
In particular, these common features of on-demand recruiting software can help enhance your overall branding and image as an employer of choice:
- Email integration: By streamlining all communications related to the hiring process, recruiters can better stay in touch with applicants. Studies have shown that lack of communication during the hiring process is most candidates' biggest pet peeve.
- Mobile-friendly: It is becoming more and more common for job seekers to search for and apply to jobs via their smart phones and tablets. Having a career site that is optimized for mobile use will increase the likelihood of candidates completing the application process.
- Social media: Use social media to vet, understand, or communicate with candidates. As a recruiter, you must live where the talent lives. Social media is a great platform to communicate the core values and beliefs your company stands for.
Other things to consider:
For tech-savvy talent, having a nimble recruiting environment is important. For Millennial and younger workers, important recruiting features include:
- Access to job listings without registration
- Ability to apply via mobile device
- Opportunity to upload LinkedIn profile as resume for application
As the recruiting process changes, so do interview methods. Workers expect interviews in forms including:
- Via writing and other tests
Hire the right talent
Traditional paper-supported HR environments cannot scale in today's job search and recruiting market. Integrated HR software speeds the hiring and onboarding process, offers analytics to support employee engagement, and keeps you compliant during off-boarding.
Every company is looking for high-quality, skilled human capital. As an HR professional, make your life a little easier, and your company more profitable, by exploring integrated HR software solutions for your industry.
Try It Now
Make a BrightMove: Sign up for a free applicant tracking system trialStart Now